Tasty Vegetarian Stroganoff Sauce that you can make with common ingredients in under 30 minutes.
- Place the butter and onion in a medium-sized pan and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, a little salt and cracked black pepper and cook until beautifully browned (8-10 minutes)
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes (be careful not to burn the garlic)
- Add in the tomato paste, soy sauce, mustard and herbs and cook for a minute
- Now mix in the flour and cook for another minute or so (the pan will get dry but don’t worry, we’re adding the wine next yeehaa!!)
- Pour the wine in and cook for another minute or two.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, bring the sauce to a simmer, stir occasionally and allow it to reduce by half the volume or until you have a thickened sauce**
- Take the pan off the heat, stir in the creme fraiche, add more salt/pepper to your liking and and garnish with microgreens, rocket or sprinklings of fresh Thyme.
- Serve with shell pasta or over a crispy baked potato