- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 140g tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Spanish smoked paprika
- 6 stalks of celery, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 litres hot chicken stock
- 15g thyme sprigs
- 500g orzo pasta rice 350g bella tomatoes
- 100g shredded kale
- 230g tenderstem broccoli
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper, to season
- 10 baby marrows, sliced
- 2 x 400g cans of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 150g green peas, to serve
- Basil pesto, to serve
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Baguette, to serve
Using a Le Creuset 26cm Signature Soup Pot, soften the onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the tomato paste, paprika, celery and carrots and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Pour in the stock, thyme and orzo pasta rice and simmer for about 10 – 15 minutes, covered, until the orzo is cooked through. Add the tomatoes, kale and tenderstem broccoli to the soup, season and remove from the heat.
Divide the baby marrows, cannellini beans and peas between bowls, top with the soup and sprinkle with grated Parmesan and a drizzle of basil pesto. Serve with fresh baguette.