- 1/3 of a jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shallot, plus more for garnish ( or sub 1 green onion)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 large English cucumber (12 ounces) sliced (or sub-Turkish cucs, or any thin-skinned cucs- see notes)
- 1/4– 1/2 cup cilantro (or sub fresh dill, Italian parsley or even basil)
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice (or lemon)
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- poached shrimp ( optional) drizzled with lime, olive oil, salt
- 1/2 cup cucumber- very finely diced
- 1 –2 tablespoons shallots- very finely diced
- 2 scallions ( or chives) – thinly sliced at a diagonal
- cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime zest
- microgreens or edible flowers (coriander flowers, borage, nasturtiums)
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, thinned with 1 tablespoon water
- Place the first 12 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving. You can make this a day ahead. Taste and adjust salt, spice level, and acid to your liking.
- Prep any garnishes you are using, finely dicing cucumber and shallot, slicing scallions, etc.
- Mix sour cream and water in a small bowl (if making the swirl).
To serve: divide chilled soup among bowls and garnish beautifully.
- Spoon a large circle or “crescent” of thinned sour cream, then top with garnishes (see photos) cucumber, shallots, scallions, cilantro and microgreens, cooked shrimp, or edible flowers.
- Serve immediately!