- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 4 smoked streaky bacon rashers
- 80g leftover stuffing
- 50g butter, softened
- 4 thick slices white bread
- 4 tbsp leftover gravy
- 4tbsp glaze / sauce
- 4 slices leftover turkey
- 100g leftover cheese, such as cheddar or gruyère
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion for 10-15 minutes until browned. Add the cranberry sauce and fry for a few minutes more.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a frying pan over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Set the bacon aside on kitchen paper, then add the stuffing to the pan. Fry for 3 minutes or until starting to crisp.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Put 2 slices, buttered-side down, on a work surface and top each one with 1 tbsp gravy, 3 tbsp glaze, then layer each with half the onion, bacon, turkey, stuffing, cheese and remaining gravy. Sandwich with the non-buttered side of the remaining 2 bread slices.
- Heat the grill to high. Melt the rest of the butter in a pan on a medium heat and fry both sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden, then put under the grill for 5 minutes more until the cheese is oozing.