- 1 packet Marie biscuits or any other cookie base of choice
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp lime juice
- 1-1/2 tbsp lime zest (the zest from one lime)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- Preheat oven to 176° C. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
- In a food processor, process the biscuits , sugar, and the 6 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Place approximately 1-2 heaping tablespoons of crust mixture into each cupcake liner and press into the bottom and slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- While the crust is baking, make the filling. Place enough water to cover the bottom of a saucepan and bring to a boil. In a large bowl placed over the saucepan, whisk together eggs, sugar, lime juice and lime zest.
- Whisk vigorously for about 7-10 minutes, until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and whisk in the final 4 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Pour a heaping tablespoon of filling into each of the pre-baked crusts and continue adding more evenly to each until you’ve used all of the filling. Bake at176 degrees for 6-7 minutes, just until the filling is slightly set and jiggles a bit in the center.
- Place in the refrigerator and cool for at least two hours before eating.