For the strawberry syrup:
- 400g strawberries, frozen or fresh
- ¼ cup / 60g castor sugar (you can use any sugar you have available here)
- 60ml (natural) rose water (you can use a tiny drop of rose essence as an alternative, be careful not to add too much)
- 2 Tbsp Sabja seeds or chai seeds, soaked in 1 cup water until it swells up
- Handful blueberries
- 20g slivered almonds toasted
- Dry rose petals to sprinkle on top (you can use rose tea buds)
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Ice cubes
To make the strawberry-rose syrup, place the strawberries, castor sugar and rose water into a small pot, simmer for 10-15 minutes on a low heat until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
To make the pink strawberry-rose scented milk, combine the cold milk with 80ml of the strawberry-rose syrup liquid, this will slightly sweeten the milk and colour it pink naturally. You can add more syrup depending how sweet you want the Falooda.
To assemble the Falooda in Le Creuset tumblers, arrange a layer of strawberry-rose syrup with whole strawberries then a layer of soaked sabja seeds follow with the strawberry-rose milk to about half-way up the tumbler and add a few blueberries. Add ice cubes, a scoop of vanilla ice cream each and finish with a generous sprinkle of toasted almonds and dry rose petals (optional).
Image and recipe by Food By Dash.