Learn how to make authentic Spanish sangria with this easy sangria recipe. It only takes a few minutes to prep, it’s easy to customise with your favourite wine and fruit, and it’s great for entertaining a crowd!
HOW TO MAKE SANGRIA:
Homemade sangria couldn’t be easier to make. Simply…
- Chop your fruit: Dice the orange, lemon and green apple into evenly-sized pieces.
- Stir everything together: Combine the diced fruit, wine, brandy, the juice of one orange, and a cinnamon stick together in a large pitcher.
- (Optional) Add sweetener: If you prefer a sweeter sangria, feel free to add in a tablespoon or two of sweetener at a time until the sangria reaches your desired level of sweetness.
- Cover and refrigerate: Pop the pitcher in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours before serving, in order to let those flavours meld together.
- Serve: Then serve the sangria over ice, topping off each glass with a splash of bubbly soda (or sparkling water) if desired.
2 bottles red wine
1/2 cup brandy
2 oranges, one juiced and one diced
1 green apple, diced
1 lemon, diced
1 cinnamon stick
optional sweetener: simple syrup* or maple syrup
optional bubbles: lemon-lime soda, ginger ale or sparkling water
- Add the wine, brandy, orange juice, diced orange, diced apple, diced lemon and cinnamon stick to a large pitcher. Stir to combine. Taste and add in a few tablespoons of sweetener, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Serve the sangria over ice, topping off each glass with a splash of bubbly soda (or sparkling water) if desired
*Simple Syrup: To make simple syrup, just combine equal parts sugar (or honey) with water. Give the mixture a stir and heat until the sugar (or honey) has dissolved. Then use immediately, or cover and refrigerate in a sealed container until ready to use.